The RediRad™ is an American-made, money-saving solution that allows you to enjoy your music favorites from your smart phone or any portable music source through the existing radio in your car or truck.
First, determine whether the electrical system ground is connected to the positive or the negative side of the battery (defines the terms “positive ground” or “negative ground”, respectively).Second, determine whether your radio is an AM-only or is an AM-FM. Then...
- Select Model AM/N for vehicles with negative-ground electrics and an AM-only radio,
- Select Model AM/P for vehicles with positive-ground electrics and an AM-only radio,
- Select Model FM for vehicles with negative-ground electrics and an AM-FM radio. (Note: The AM-FM radio can be either factory or aftermarket)
- Via the web: http://redirad.com
- By phone: call our friendly staff 262 646 3363 weekdays between 9 AM and 3 PM (GMT -5)
The RediRad™ will work seamlessly with virtually all portable music players and so-called 'smart' phones.
No. Think of the RediRad™ as a “bridge” between your AM radio and other portable music players. You will need a portable FM radio and a RediRad™ to receive FM broadcast. We stock an easy-to-use pocket FM radio if you have trouble finding one.
YES! RediRad models AM/N and AM/P will operate on any voltage between 5.5 and 15.5 volts.
Although this is covered in your owner's manual in detail, the RediRad™ installs easily with only a few simple steps:
- Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
- Unplug the vehicle's antenna cable from the radio and plug it into your RediRad™.
- Plug the male coaxial RediRad™ cable into your radio.
- Connect power and ground wires to vehicle power and vehicle ground, respectively.
- Reconnect the ground cable to the battery.
For more details, Click Here to download any of the RediRad Owner's Manuals.
If you order a RediRad™ now but don't have access to your car for a while (because it is in storage, getting serviced, repainted, etc.), simply let us know when you place your order and we will postpone the start of your 60-day evaluation period.
The RediRad™ intended for AM-only radios (see application table above) will work but there may be background noise. If your radio has a digital display and an FM band, use the RediRad-FM for great results.
No. The RediRad™ temporarily and automatically “disconnects” the antenna when you use your portable source; the antenna automatically reconnects it after you stop playing music from your source.
Not at all. Regular broadcast signals pass straight through when there's no portable-player audio entering the RediRad™.
Nope. If you have a rod or kustom without an antenna but a period correct radio, for the first time you can have the look you want and enjoy your favorite tunes through it.
Absolutely, yes! Use RediRad-FM to add an AUX-IN port to the existing stereo system in any 1980s-and-newer vehicle. Be advised that you may also need antenna cable adapters, which are inexpensive and are available thru amazon.com.
Certainly. Use RediRad-FM to add an AUX-IN port to the existing stereo system in any 1970s-and-newer cycle. Be advised that you may also need antenna cable adapters, which are inexpensive and are available.